Friday, April 25, 2008

Semester Ending

I'm sitting here on a Friday night trying to study for my Comparative Health Systems final next Tuesday; I've already reviewed the Canadian health system and need to move on to the British system. I have no motivation though since I'm living in this crazy city with so much to do and I'm stuck in my awful studio. There has been so much going on here yet I feel like I should be studying constantly. Jazzfest started today and my friend Ivy is coming down with her parents and sister! It will be great to spend some time with her. Last weekend was full of 3 different social events for us: a party for all grad students in NOLA at the House of Blues, Tulane's Crawfest, and School of Public Health party. It was lots of fun but sad to realize that we're almost to the end which means leaving lots of new friends. Two weekends ago was V^10th -- the tenth anniversay of V-Day and the Vagina Monologues which included big events at the Superdome and Arena. It was so exciting to be living just blocks from such an amazing event!

So I finished my first class today after turning in an assignment and taking our last quiz. Only four more courses to focus on. Classes end on Tuesday and I still have one more homework, a 20 page research paper (that I have failed to start), and 4 exams to go! I then head back to Wisconsin on May 8th and will see my eye doctor at that point to see whats going on.

Aside from the studying I should be doing, Peace Corps continues to occupy my mind. It has been five weeks since I was medically cleared for a second time and a month since I was told that I would receive an invitation within a month at the longest. Haven't heard anything during that time. I called my placement officer today to see if she had any news or I could provide any more info. After three attempts I gave in and left a message but with no return call. I really want to hear before I get back to WI since I'm so sick of telling everyone that I have no clue what I'll be doing this summer or what my plans are for the next 2.5 years!

No comments: